Margarine 250gr - Gioia Gold
For the dough:
- 2 cups of coarse semolina
- 2 cups fine semolina (Farkha)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 225g Lurpak® Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp powdered mahlab
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp blossom water
For the stuffing:
- 1 kg soft dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp anise powder
For the garnishing:
- Icing sugar
1. To prepare the dough, pour the coarse semolina in a large bowl. Add the fine semolina and caster sugar. Mix to combine.
2. Melt the butter in a small pot then pour it over the semolina mixture.
3. Make sure that the mixture is safe to handle with your hands then rub it thoroughly until it absorbs all the melted butter and is combined completely.
4. Cover the bowl with a plate, cloth, or nylon wrap. Let it rest overnight.
5. After the dough has rested for a night, add the mahlab and powdered milk.
6. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water until completely liquid.
7. Add it to the dough and mix the dough well with your hands.
8. Add the rose water and blossom water gradually, kneading the dough continuously until homogeneous and non-sticky.
9. For the filling, deseed the dates and place them in a large bowl.
10. Add the cinnamon and anise. Mix well with your hands, rubbing it into paste.
11. To assemble the maamoul, preheat the oven to 180°C.
12. Form small balls of the date paste and set aside in a plate.
13. Cut a small dough ball and flatten it with your hands. Stuff it with a date ball and close it up like a ball until the stuffing is sealed completely.
14. Stuff the ball inside the hole of the wooden maamoul mould. Press it gently until it takes the shape of the hole.
15. Flip the mould and tap it on your hand or a flat surface to release the maamoul piece in its new shape.
16. Grease a rectangle oven tray with butter then place the maamoul pieces inside it.
17. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
18. Remove it from the oven and leave it aside to cool.
19. After it is cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Delivery: 2 to 5 Working Days
No customer reviews for the moment.